Monday 10 September 2012

I Just Started Uni - Day 1

OMG

I feel like that bird from Legally Blonde!

Apparently, making your own packed lunch is not the done thing - I learned that on day 1 - you get ridiculed. My lunch was cheaper than theirs so I still fail to see their argument.

Apparently, wearing an Abertay t-shirt on your first day is like career suicide. Having said that, the bloke that invented the course invited me to his psychology group?!

Apparently, buying an Abertay hoodie in the campus shop and 'putting it straight on', on your first day, is a no-no. I refer you back to my note above!

Apparently, speaking up in debate class is what mentals do. Then I guess I'm a mental!

Apparently, telling people that you know who Roy Castle, Stu Francis and Jimmy Saville are, is a faux pas. Then a faux pas I be!

That pretty much sums up day 1!

I also crashed a student party but felt old and sensible, so I left!!

4 comments:

Magnulus said...

Packed lunch is where it's at. When they're living off beans on toast and noodles with ketchup, see how silly the packed lunch is. :D

When Helen Raw feels sensible, there's a problem. :)

Michele Dillon said...

I brought my own packed lunches to uni too. Everyone else in my class bought there's from the bogging canteen (which mad major improvements and new salad and wok bars added just as I was leaving!!). But they could only afford chips almost every day!

Studying photography meant I had access to old 35mm film cannisters, so I'd bring in my crushed chillies in that - sorted. Friends were jealous of my meals!! Sadly it got me obsessed with tupperware - ie. new innovations, from salad tubs with dressing inserts and compartments. I'm still obsessed. And now I use all my padded lunch coolbags for protecting and storing small pieces of my photography kit. Am I mental too??

Michele Dillon said...

Loving the blog!!!

lifewiththeraw said...

That's what's called 'excellent recycling' Ms Dillon!

Glad you like the blog, it's mostly just me talking shite! x