Saturday 2 October 2010

Making History - 'a RIGHT blether'

Today has been an epic day. I am proud that Raw Talent Productions are involved in such a significant piece of work that is 'a RIGHT blether'.

This is the Scottish Commissioner for Children and Young Peoples programme to ensure the UN Conventions on the Rights of the Child are enforced throughout Scotland.

How is he doing this? He is asking children and young people aged 8-18 what they want him to fix/improve for them and their peers.

He is not getting adults, who think they know better, to inform him.

I spent today facilitating a fabulous group of young people, ranging in age from 10-18, to take the input from over 20,000 of their peers and filter it all down into a doable 'task list' for the Commissioner to take on for the next 4 years. They are effectively writing the specifics of his job description.

These young people are making history. NOTHING like this has ever been attempted before.

To say I am proud and honoured that I and Raw Talent are part of this process is an understatement and I cannot wait to see the final results.



- posted from my iPhone cos it's the 21st century and I'm a techno genius.

No comments: