Monday 25 February 2013

Strong? Fuckety Baws.

It takes a strong person to:

- Admit they can't sleep
- Email their Uni to ask for help with studying (because they can't sleep)
- Ask their doctor for a change of anti-depressant medication (because they can't sleep)
- Ask their doctor for sleeping tablets (erm...because they can't sleep)
- Know that they have friends and family right round the corner who love them
- Pretend on Facebook that all is fine...
- ...and then remember that Facebook is full of people with the same issues and decide to make this public instead of hiding
- Know that finding it hard to get out of bed is normal and natural when you have depression especially when your medication is not quite right
- Know that it's okay to cry now and again at what you have lost even though you don't miss it AT ALL (makes no sense, I know)
- Know that's it's okay to feel lonely sometimes even when living in a flat full of people
- Know that it's okay to panic and stress about everything that is going on with the rest of your family and friends
- Know that it's okay to have mad bouts of energy where EVERYTHING gets done in 5 minutes
- Know that it's okay to keep reordering your pens by colour.

- Know that it's okay to ask for help.

Just saying. February has been a hard month, that's all.

4 comments:

Reaghan Reilly said...

Thank you for sharing. I read it and I nodded my head in agreement with most points. xx

lifewiththeraw said...

It's nice to know we're not the only ones :-)

Anonymous said...

I hear ya!

My doctor changed my meds to ones that include a sedative which is wonderful but it leaves me with such a short temper.

Next appointment on Friday so we'll see what she has to offer this time :)

lifewiththeraw said...

Let me know how you get on Jen :-)x